- Torx 27
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Philips Screwdriver
Headlamp parts for this car here
////DANGER TO LIFE DUE TO HIGH VOLTAGE
////TURN OFF IGNITION AND ALL ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS AND REMOVE THE IGNITION KEY
////DO NOT TURN ON FLASHER OR HEADLIGHTS/LAMP WHILE WORKING ON VEHICLE. It is best to disconnect the battery.
- Step 1: First remove the 2 Philips screws holding the air duct in place, then remove the air duct. Be careful not to pull too hard on the air box.
- Step 2: Once the air duct is removed, it is much easier to access the 4 Torx 27 screws holding the headlamp housing in place. Remove the 4 Torx 27 screws. Two are easy to access right on top and the other two are a bit more difficult to access. You might need to use the extender here to remove those two other screws tucked away down there.
- Step 3: After you have removed the 4 Torx 27 screws that are holding the headlamp in place, it should be fairly easy to pull the headlamp out of pace. Do not pull too hard because you will have to remove the electrical connector on the back of the headlamp. Use a Flathead screw driver to help remove the electrical connector.
- Step 4: When the electrical connector has been removed, the headlamp will be completely free of the car. Now you will need to remove the rear access panel by pulling on the metal holder. It does not take much force. Once the door is removed, now you can remove the bulb plug my simple pulling on the plastic connector.
- Step 5: After the connector has been removed it will be easier to remove the bulb holder. Push down on the holder until it is no longer touching the metal clip, and move it away from the bulb. This will free the bulb so it can them be removed.
- Why should I not touch the bulb when replacing it?
- When you touch the actual bulb, the oils from your hand will leave residue on it. When you then place the bulb in your car, the heat combined with the oils from your hand can cause premature damage to the bulb.
- What should I do it I touch the bulb?
- Simple, just grab a clean rag and wipe it off.