- Audi A4 B5 (1996 – 2001)
- Audi S4 B5 (2000 – 2002)
- Audi A4 B6 (2002 – 2005)
- Audi S4 B6 (2004 – 2005)
- Audi A4 B7 (2005.5 – 2008)
- Audi S4 B7 (2006-2008)
Small Flat Head Screwdriver
In this article we will go through the steps on how to replace the battery in your Audi or Volkswagen key fob. This process is relatively simple and should only take a couple minutes. The newer remotes are even simpler than the older ones and do not require the use of any tools. If you find this article useful please be sure to share this article with your friends or comment below.
- Step 1 (B5, B6): The first step is to get your screwdriver and insert it into the small cutout on the back of the key remote / fob and start to apply downward pressure and a twisting motion. At this point the two halves should start to separate.
- Step 2 (B5, B6): Next we want to completely separate the two halves. Once this is done grab the bottom half of the Audi or VW flipkey. You then want to pop the back cover off of the half to reveal the battery.
- Step 3 (B5, B6): Once the two halves or the remote control are separated you will be able to replace the battery. These remotes take a single small button battery model CR2032. Make sure you replace the battery in the same orientation as you remove it or the remote will not function.
- Step 4 (B5, B6): Now that your battery is replaced you want to clip the back cover back on to the key fob. Make sure you put your key ring in position before you do this.
- Step 5 (B5, B6): The next step is to slide the two halves of the key back together. Now you want to apply some pressure to SNAP them back into place. Congratulations you have just successfully replaced your Audi or Volkswagen Key Remote Battery!
- My remote does not work after changing the battery.
- Please make sure you put the battery in with the correct orientation.